Mac Velvet Teddy | Review and Swatches




Hi guys, Today I am reviewing Velvet teddy by Mac. I've owned it for a while now and have had a good amount of time to use it and get to know what it's like.

So first of all there's no point commenting on packaging because who doesn't love Mac's bullets? The colour itself is a beautiful pinkish nude. On the swatch it looks like a rose colour.



As you can see it is a matte lipstick which is my favourite! However it still has a really creamy formula and glides on really well. It's one of those "I'm not wearing any lipstick" colours which i love as it goes with most looks. I also love how opaque it is, in the pictures I am only wearing one layer and only swatched one layer.You may also be able to see that like most matte lipsticks it can sometimes cling to dry skin so make sure to exfoliate your lips and prep them before wearing it.



I would say that the only con with this lipstick is it's staying power. Compared to my russian red which I could wear through a storm and it wouldn't budge, I feel like I am constantly aware that I may need to top it up soon. I would say its staying power is around 2 hours and needs topping up after eating and drinking.
However, to combat this I believe it would be great with a good lip liner, most people that own this wear it with the whirl lipliner as recommended by Kylie Jenner so maybe I will invest in a lip liner and see if it improves!

Overall I am smitten with this lipstick and definitely think it's worth the purchase, no matter what your skin tone is.


~~Do you own velvet teddy? Do you use a lip liner with it and do you have any recommendations?

Share:

0 comments